Pumpkin and Potato Chowder
2 red bell peppers
2 jalapeno pepers
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 yukon gold potatos, cubed
3 leeks (white and light green parts only)
2 lbs pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1 inch chunks
3 tbsp bob’s red mill flour
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp freash ground pepper
1 cup organic corn
3 cans vegetable broth
1 tbsp of fresh oregano leaves
1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
1. Place the peppers and jalapenos on a baking sheet and cook under broiler until skin blackens (about 10 minutes).
2. Seal the chared peppers in a glass container for 10-12 minutes. De-seed, de-stem, peel, and cut the peppers into 1/2 inch pieces. Set aside.
3. Boil the potatos until al dente. Drain and remove from heat.
4. Add the leaks and pumpkin to the potatos and saute for 5 minutes.
5. Add flour and seasonings and cook for two minutes more.
6. Add corn, peppers, broth and fresh orgegano and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes.
8. Garnish with sour cream if so desired.
Serves 8 (1 cup serving).
Delphina’s Rustic French
Acrobat Pinot Gris
One Response to Pumpkin and Potato Chowder